If anyone ever tells you that:
- The books you read are not “real books”
- The music you listen to is not “real music”
- The games you play are not “real games”
- The art you like is not “real art”
- The clothes you wear are not “proper clothes”
- The comics you read are not “real comics”
It’s perfectly okay to write them off as a petty, joyless asshole and continue enjoying the things you like.
I care about the problems of men. I care that the patriarchy tells men that they have to be stoic beasts incapable of emotion. I care that the patriarchy tells men that they are lust-filled monsters incapable of controlling their own libidos. I care that the patriarchy tells men that they cannot be raped or assaulted because the patriarchy believes women are too weak and inferior to be dangerous.
Feminists did not do this to you, other men did.